Thursday, March 15, 2012

Grand Spring Ball

Hello everyone! One of my friends has asked me to do a post about my cotillion ball, which was last night. So that's what I'm going to do! :) Basically, cotillion is where you learn manners and how to do formal dances with guys and/or girls (yuck)! But the cotillion ball is always the most fun part (especially refreshments!). 


Well yesterday two of my friends and I went to Sweet and Sassy and we got a pedi, a mani and an up-do! It felt so good to have someone massage and rub our feet and hands! It also felt good to have someone do our hair for us. Once we had everything done we all got into our ball gowns and gazed at each others dresses. Everyone looked so pretty! It's really strange to see your friends all fancy with ball gowns on! My friends and I then rode to the Country Club while we took funny videos on my friends' iPods. Once we arrived we took A BUNCH of pics and then we finally made our way down a hallway to the door to go into the ballroom. At 6:30 pm the ball started. 


Boys on the left, girls on the right - we made a line and the boys held out their right arm and we girls took them. We seated and then after several minutes started with a simple fox trot to warm ourselves up. Then we switched partners and started the fox trot. After doing the shag, fox trot and cha-cha we took our partners arms and then went into another large room for refreshments (yay). 


We sat and ate our cupcakes and drank our lemonade with funny glances at each other. After maybe 15 minutes we went back into the ball room and switched partners and did the snowball competition. The snowball competition is where you take a white Styrofoam ball, stick between your partner and your own head and you do the fox trot. The last ones standing win! My partner and I didn't win at all! :) That's OK though because one of my friends did! :) Then after several more dances we had the mother, son dance and the father, daughter dance. Finally to finish off the night we did the cherubs shuffle. I LOVED THE SONG THAT THEY USED FOR THE CHERUB SHUFFLE!!!!!!!!!!! "To the right, to the right, to the right, to the right. To the left, to the left, to the left, to the left. Now kick, now kick, now kick, now kick. Now walkin by yourself, now walkin by yourself!" Hehehehe! That's all for the Grand Spring Ball post! :) Hope you liked it!



No comments:

Post a Comment